Associate Director , Alumni & Community Relations - Internal Only
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Associate Director, Alumni & Community Relations (Internal)
POSITION CODE: A6797
DEPARTMENT: Alumni & Community Relations
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: July 11, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Assist the Director of Alumni Relations in developing and implementing programs which promotes a mutually supportive relationship between the University of Redlands and its alumni. Position provides primary responsibilities for the Alumni Relations role in Bulldog Bash Weekend; staff leadership for the University’s community relations organization of Town and Gown; liaison to the Schools of Business, Education, and Continuing Studies as well as the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies.
- Primary liaison to Town and Gown, provides support to the board and its committees, monitors budget, manages membership and event publicity mailings, assists in the planning and implementation of all events, but especially the annual “Women of Distinction” luncheon.
- Primarily responsible for Alumni Relations role in Bulldog Bash Weekend. This involves, but is not limited, to overseeing reunion planning, including the identification and recruitment of alumni volunteers, event coordination, (in collaboration with the Alumni Relations Events Manager), interacting with various campus offices and departments, and preparing and overseeing the production of marketing materials.
- Provides assistance and support to the Director, oversees Alumni Relations office in the absence of the director. Provides direct supervision to the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations position.
- Services as chief staff liaison for Johnston Center for Integrated Studies, Schools of Business, Education, and Continuing Studies to ensure effective coordination of alumni relations activities.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree preferred, plus three (3) to five (5) years of increasingly responsible management and leadership experience in alumni relations or event planning. Must also demonstrate a high degree of leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management, effective budget management and problem solving skills; have a strong commitment to customer service and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Experience in a volunteer organization especially in a leadership or advisory position is highly desirable. This position involves some travel and some evening and weekend work. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of application, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, P.O. Box 3080, Redlands, CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT (909) 748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER