Administrative Assistant I
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant I
POSITION CODE: S6955
DEPARTMENT: Advancement Services
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $14.03 – 14.85 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: July 3, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 11, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, functions as the key support person for the department (7 individuals including this position), is primary person responsible for daily production and distribution of gift receipts and donor acknowledgements, and serves as an additional team member in gift processing, maintenance and filing of gift records, and maintaining confidential constituent demographic, research, and event attendance records.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Merges and prints gift receipts and donor acknowledgments, maintains large contribution and pledge documentation, and assists in reporting and correspondence related to endowed scholarship and other restricted funds.
- Prepares purchase orders, check requests and expense reimbursement reports; orders and maintains stock of office supplies; tracks inventory of letterhead, envelopes & forms.
- Assists in maintaining department budget through expense and budget transfers and monitoring expenses.
- Maintains department calendar; arranges meetings, use of meeting rooms/equipment; coordinates maintenance and/or repair of office systems and equipment/furniture.
- Serves as secondary gift processing operator, assisting in high volume periods with recording Phonathon pledges and responses, following up on matching gifts, and as back up to primary gift recorder.
- Updates information on constituents in central database (Colleague) from various sources including alumni portal, adheres to data standards and approved procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality, safeguards operations, and complies with document retention schedule.
- Organizes the sharing of confidential information via shared network folders and other systems.
- Assists Director and other team members in creating, updating and storing departmental procedures.
- Provides basic research and data entry support to Director of Prospect Management and Research, including compiling and proofing donor bios and profiles.
- Assists Director of Donor Relations in maintaining donor acknowledgement templates, maintaining endowed scholarship Access database, preparing short bios on student recipients, and maintaining scholarship files.
- Contributes to overall team effort by accomplishing related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, plus one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Knowledge of higher education and/or non-profit sector preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and familiarity with a relationship database software program required; knowledge of MS Access desired. Must have basic research skills, strong proofreading ability, attention to detail and knowledge of recordkeeping. Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills and ability to interpret regulations and complex procedures required. Successful candidate will competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 335-4040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER