Head Women's Water Polo Coach
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Head Women’s Water Polo Coach
POSITION CODE: A6795
DEPARTMENT: Athletics/Physical Education
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Administrator
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
POSTING DATE: June 27, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, directs all aspects of a NCAA Division
III Women’s Water Polo Program.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for recruitment of qualified student-athletes for the University of Redlands and participation in the women’s water polo program.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision, evaluation and oversight of the women’s water polo coaching staff, including one shared graduate assistant position.
- Responsible for the scheduling of competitions and other duties associated with execution of the women’s water polo schedule.
- Responsible for budget administration and fundraising for the women’s water polo program.
- Responsible for insuring all facets of the women’s water polo program; including staff, student-athletes and others associated with program, remain compliant with all NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations at all times.
- Teaches physical education activity courses in accordance with assigned load during the academic year.
- Responsibilities include a secondary departmental administrative assignment to be performed in support of programs and the department. Such assignment will be determined by the strengths, skills and experience of the successful candidate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred. The ability to identify and attract outstanding students to the university, and ability to relate effectively with various constituent groups is required. Candidates must have a clear understanding of the Division III philosophy and the role of physical education and athletics within a private, liberal arts academic setting. Preference will be granted to candidates with a minimum of two years collegiate coaching experience. Successful candidate must have the ability to provide leadership and direction for staff, student-athletes and university community utilizing the facility. The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues; ability to work productively in a collaborative environment to meet deadlines. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands California 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER