Administrative Assistant II - Philosophy
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II - PHILOSOPHY
POSITION CODE: S6945
DEPARTMENT: Philosophy, Asian Studies and Visual Media Studies
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 months/ 40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.32-$17.28 per hour
AVAILABLE: August 11, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: June 20, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to 7/4/14
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides administrative, clerical and logistics support to the Philosophy department, Asian Studies and Visual Media Studies. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the administration of Philosophy, Asian Studies and Visual Media Studies, including coordination with other academic departments, campus programs, student groups, and offices within the University.
- Assists with the organization of campus events and programs in Philosophy, Asian Studies and Visual Media Studies, including logistical support requiring scheduling, preparation of materials, etc. for multi-day faculty workshop.
- Provides clerical support for the office such as preparing and copying course materials, filing, maintaining records; sorting and distributing mail. Assists with budget management, processes check requests and reimbursement requests for expenses related to faculty activities and travel.
- Provides information in person and over the telephone to visitors, administration, faculty, students, and parents.
- Prepares materials including spreadsheets related to program management, course schedules, classrooms use, and maintains program websites.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Coordinates activities, instructs reviews and assigns work, and completes performance evaluation of student workers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, Microsoft Excel, word processing, basic math skills and knowledge of recordkeeping required. Must have exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER