Administrative Assistant II - Economics/Business & Accounting
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II - ECONOMICS/BUSINESS & ACCOUNTING
POSITION CODE: S6942
DEPARTMENT: Economics/ Business and Accounting
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 months/ 40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.32-$17.28 per hour
AVAILABLE: August 11, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: June 20, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 27, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistics support to the Economics Department and the Accounting Program. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person to provide support to the Department Chair and faculty in coordination and implementation of the day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the Economics Department and the Accounting Program, including processing mail, filing, providing assistance and information in person or over the telephone to visitors of the department, faculty, students and parents; provides support to Economics Department Chair, the Accounting Program Director, and faculty members.
- Monitors budget transactions for the department; prepares purchase orders, check requests and orders/maintains stock of office supplies; maintains tracking of department budget(s) by automated spreadsheet programs.
- Represents the Economics Department and the Accounting Program as needed in working with other departments on campus, including the Dean’s Office, in processing various tasks and coordinating room scheduling.
- Provides support in faculty search processes when necessary; prepares and maintains associated paperwork; arranges meetings and travel logistics for candidates; advises faculty of University policies and procedures.
- Coordinates activities, recommend discipline, hire, train and complete performance evaluations of office student worker(s).
- Contributes to team effort in the Economics Department and Accounting Program by accomplishing related duties as needed. Maintains department confidentiality; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field such as business, accounting, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of office procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) to create and maintain spreadsheets, read and track budgets, craft mail-merged documents. Successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills, strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written); have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to multi-task with tight deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER