Mail Clerk Lead
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Mail Clerk Lead
POSITION CODE: S6953
DEPARTMENT: Office Services
MONTH/HOURS: 12 Months/40 Hours
STARTING SALARY: $16.32 – $17.28 per hour
DATE AVAILBLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: June 20, 2014
APPPLICATION DEADLINE: June 27, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Provides lead support in the operation of Office Services, University Mail Center, in support of campus community.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the University mail processing area ensuring daily deadlines are met and financial accountability is maintained.
- Performs daily audit of metered funds, providing financial accountability of the meter and departmental chargebacks.
- Enters non-metered departmental mail charges into the iMCMG2 accounting system
- Monitors and maintains stock of all USPS, FedEx and other carrier forms, & mailers.
- Performs monthly audit of department cashbox and prepares deposit.
- Processes out-going USPS mail via computerized mail processing machine
- Monitors and logs accountable mail utilizing specialized software.
- Oversees all processing of out-going University mail including non-profit, 1st class, 1st class presorted, etc. in compliance with all USPS rules and regulations.
- Manages & reviews Business Reply Mail processes.
- Facilitates delivery and pick-up of mail “overflow” from campus departments.
- Acts as backup for the Mail Clerk/Route position
- Creates, updates and maintains excel spreadsheets in support of mailing operation, payroll check distribution system, and data collection for benchmarking and forecasting purposes.
- Maintains the Quick Reference List used for accuracy of mail sorting.
- Organizes faculty summer mail processes.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with University policies and applicable laws including training of employees.
- Provides general work direction for mail clerk; maintains mail area procedure manuals; submits check requests for postage stamps.
- Communicates daily with the Office Service Manager regarding operational issues
- Develops working relationship with USPS personnel and other carriers pertaining to delivery and customer service issues.
- Answers telephones, responds to mail related questions and issues.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by one (1) year of additional course work in related subjects and one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position including supervisory experience. Successful candidate must be detail orientated and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, along with the ability to learn quickly; be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel, and have a working knowledge of office equipment; general math proficiency and be able to adhere to policy and procedures and follow a strict time schedule. Must be able to walk extensively, bend, lift, reach and climb stairs. Upon offer of employment, candidate must successfully pass a physical examination demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions and capacity to lift and transport mail weighing up to 45 pounds. A current DMV printout demonstrating an excellent driving record will be required at time of hire. Candidate must have the ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team with co-workers, department manager, and in a multi-task oriented environment and be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/jobs.asp
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER