Assistant Director/Associate Director of Student Financial Services
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
POSITION CODE: A6792
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: June 20, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for financial aid compliance and regulatory issues; provides counseling and guidance to students, parents, faculty and the public relative to student financial aid eligibility, policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Provides support and leadership for the Student Financial Services Office, with emphasis on compliance with federal financial aid regulations and customer service.
- Packages all returning CAS undergraduate students.
- Takes appointments, and counsels current and prospective students and families concerning awards and payment options, including terms and conditions of various loan programs, debt management.
- Calculates and ensures timely process for all Return of Title IV (R2T4) funds; works with external auditors as requested.
- Processes appeals using professional judgment.
- Performs Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) process in compliance for all students.
- Certifies Direct Parent PLUS Loans and alternative loans for undergraduate CAS students.
- Stays current on all federal and state regulations in regards to financial aid eligibility. Provides training to department personnel on new and updated regulations.
- Oversees the verification of financial aid files, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations.
- Manages Federal Direct Loan cohort default rate, and oversee financial literacy plan.
- Makes processing decisions that support the policies and goals of the University.
- Maintains relationships with lenders, and supervises the ELM certification process.
- Supervises student workers, and manages budget for student worker hours.
- Maintains and updates the Student Financial Services pages on the University website.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree, plus a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience in student aid, higher education administration or in a related field that requires the interpretation and application of public regulations and policies, or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Financial aid experience in a higher education environment, with knowledge of rules and regulations as they pertain to Federal Title IV funding strongly preferred. Successful candidate must have a strong working knowledge of systems and data processing techniques for automated systems; possess exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; with organizational management and problem solving skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize with concurrent deadlines; work accurately and quickly with attention to detail. Must possess the ability to work as part of a team with a strong commitment to customer service. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands California 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.