Office Coordinator - Rancho Cucamonga
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Office Coordinator – Rancho Cucamonga Campus
POSITION CODE: S6948
DEPARTMENT: School of Business, Admissions
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours (Mon-Thurs 9am-6pm, alternate between Fri & Sat 8am-5pm)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.64-18.68 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six months
POSTING DATE: June 6, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to June 27, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Provides administrative and clerical support to the School of Business. Often functions as the first line of contact either in-person or by telephone to persons needing services of the Department.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides customer service and receptionist support to department by answering telephones and greeting visitors, informing prospective students of the adult degree programs, assists with registration of students into programs.
- Maintains databases in “Datatel” and performs computer data entry and maintenance.
- Coordinates information flow to and from students, faculty, and campus departments, either by telephone, email, or written correspondence, such as develops and produces letters, memos, flyers regarding information meetings schedules, etc.
- Prepares materials for direct mailings, routine mailings, and mailings for information meetings.
- Maintains calendars for Campus Director and Assistant Campus Director; maintains calendar for classroom usage.
- Organizes and maintains office files; orders and organizes office supplies.
- Coordinates all day-to-day office functions including; reception, mail, fax, telephone, e-mail, ordering inventory and office supplies.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidate will have basic knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques; record keeping requirements; and departmental operations and practices; considerable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs and database software is required. Must have strong organizational skills; effective communication, both verbal and written; sort and file documents; focus on multiple tasks, with tight deadlines; use good judgment in organizing and completing assignments, work independently and multi-task while competently interacting with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. Occasional Saturdays are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 or www.redlands.edu/jobs.asp
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER