Director of International Recruitment, Adult & Professional Education
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of International Recruitment, Adult & Professional Education
POSITION CODE: A6786
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management, Adult & Professional Education
APPOINTMENT: 12 month, full-time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: July 1, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, coordinates international graduate recruitment and marketing efforts for the Schools of Business, Education and Continuing Studies, and for select graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences. Collaborates with key stakeholders within and external to the University pertaining to international recruitment and facilitates the admissions process for prospective international students.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops a strategic graduate international admissions recruitment plan to meet desired enrollment objectives.
- Collaborates with key University stakeholders and builds strategic external relationships with a variety of constituencies including college counselors and transfer coordinators, higher education leaders, and contacts among the University’s strategic partners.
- Travels internationally to select international recruitment fairs and engagements.
- Outreaches with California Community College and California State University systems to attract and recruit international transfer students who are already residing in the US.
- Develops new and enhances existing data and information reporting related to international graduate enrollments.
- Develops new and enhances existing communication with international students and international education partners; including communication tracks within CRM.
- Oversees and provides guidance on evaluation and interpretation of international transcripts, transfer course equivalencies, and advisement of students on core requirements and available majors; evaluates and interprets records as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective international students, applicants and related constituencies promptly and accurately via email and phone regarding application status and admissions process.
- Provides leadership and guidance to University leadership and enrollment teams regarding market conditions and matters involving international admissions operations.
- Collaborates with faculty recruitment liaisons, other international recruitment staff, and international education agents to achieve desired enrollment objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and international college recruitment experience is required. Candidates with a master’s degree and ability to speak more than one language will be given preference. Preferred qualification, knowledge of international post-secondary educational systems and credential evaluation experience. Successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; commitment to students; excellent writing, interviewing and public speaking skills. Ideal candidate will possess quantitative skills, with ability to generate, consume and analyze enrollment data. Candidate must possess well-developed motivational skills and ability to work independently in a multi-task oriented environment; must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of prospective students, faculty and staff. Position will require willingness to travel internationally and domestically and work non-traditional hours. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, salary requirement and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands California 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.