Sr. Administrative Assistant - Development
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE NON-EXEMPT POSITION OPENING (Revised)
POSITION: SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
POSITION CODE: A6777
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: $20.43-$21.64 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: April 4, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Development, functions as the key support person for the AVP, Director of Development for Major Gifts and Director of Foundation Relations and serves as a member of the Development Leadership Team.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Maintains AVP and Directors’ calendar including scheduling, prioritizing, organizing agendas, following-up on action items.
- Provides coordination, prioritization, and troubleshooting support to Development team; uses independent judgment to prioritize individual and/or group schedules in response to changes.
- Provides exceptional telephone support with a high degree of tact and technical knowledge; responds to internal and external requests and processes them accordingly; provides organizational support to process timesheets, vacation and staffing requests.
- Uses a variety of computer applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) proprietary software (Datatel, Colleague Advancement, RedDot, WebIntelligence, and Crystal Reports) and other programs (Adobe, etc.) to prepare, edit, analyze, convert, proof, etc.
- Performs data analysis activities; contributes, collects, compiles and distributes data and reports to development team, donors, cabinet members, university constituents, and outside vendors.
- Administers a variety of clerical duties in support of the department, including: filing, preparing purchase orders and check requests; expense reports, out-going and in-coming mail, ordering supplies, etc.
- Coordinates with Director of Donor Relations to ensure efficient and effective processing and stewardship of all gifts made to the University.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties and special projects as assigned or directed. Maintains highly confidential data and information regarding internal activities and decisions; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related field such as business or general office and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience is required or an equivalent combination thereof. Significant level of independent judgment; ability to asses requests and problems, and respond accordingly. Considerable knowledge of current workplace standards and norms (e.g., utilizing full Microsoft Office suite products). Superior internal/external customer services skills. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, set priorities, multi-task and handle deadlines. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record. A current DMV printout is required upon offer of employment. Position requires local travel up to five (5) percent of the time. Must be able to attend education fairs, meet with other institutions’ advisors or transfer directors, assist with calls on corporate partners. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER