MS GIS Program Coordinator
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: MS GIS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
POSITION CODE: S6947
DEPARTMENT: MS GIS Program
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 month/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $20.06 – $21.24 per hour
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: May 16, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to May 30, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, serves as the operations and administrative coordinator for the MS GIS Program. Serves as confidential assistant to the Director of the MS GIS Program and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office and admissions operations including providing comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistical support; aids and assists students and faculty in the efficient operation for the MS GIS Program. Works to promote and recruit students to the Program as needed.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the office including copying, filing, telephones, purchase requests, check requests, mail and faxes, etc. Maintains and tracks office budgets. Greets and assists students and visitors in a variety of situations. Maintains department and program calendars.
- Prepares materials including spreadsheets related to program management, course schedules, classrooms use, etc., maintains program website. Implements curriculum changes instituted by faculty, builds classroom schedules, orders textbooks.
- Processes applications from potential students. Acts as liaison between MS GIS students and director, faulty and larger campus, addressing issues of classroom/cohort harmony, housing and student account, etc. directing student on best course of action.
- Monitors academic progress of all MS GIS students, reviews enrollment in necessary courses, workshops, electives, monitors GPAs.
- Oversees colloquium series, advertising, coordinates speakers, space-use with ESRI and UR facilities, and receptions, arranging speaker’s travel.
- Works closely with staff at ESRI to coordinate all Instructor-Led Training events, coordinates services offered by ESRI Higher Education team, monitors and authorizes all Virtual Campus course requests.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Coordinates activities, instructs, reviews and assigns work, may complete performance evaluation of student workers, lab monitors, and student intern; performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques; Successful candidate will be familiar with MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills; be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to use own vehicle to complete off campus duties such as purchasing materials for the program and occasionally assisting visiting faculty or students in settling into their housing in Redlands. Position also requires travel within the U.S. 4 – 5 times per year for up to one week. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.