Director, Career Services & Professional Development
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director, Career Services and Professional Development
POSITION CODE: A6782
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2014
POSTING DATE: May 16, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: The University of Redlands seeks an experienced, energetic, and innovative leader to serve as Director of Career Services and Professional Development. Reporting to the Vice President/Dean of Student Life, the Director will be charged with redesigning career and development resources for all University of Redlands students, including the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business and the School of Education. The Director will develop and execute a comprehensive career services program to help University of Redlands students and alumni achieve life-long career success.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Coordinates and delivers career services and related programs for an increasingly diverse population of students and alumni, including regular interaction with students, faculty, alumni, and employers.
- Directs outreach initiatives to build and maintain key strategic relationships with employers, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors to create professional opportunities for students and alumni.
- Leads the development and delivery of educational workshops, events, employer site visits, programmatic outreach and other career-focused programming.
- Mentors students in long and short-term career planning strategies, job search tactics, interview skills, resume development, negotiation strategies, and other relevant topics.
- Manages career coaching programs and establish procedures to provide access to internships, externships, and job opportunities for all qualified students.
- Conducts presentations to promote Career Services and publicize internship and experiential learning opportunities.
- Develops assessment models that allow University administration to evaluate the success of program components and identify areas needing additional attention.
- Supervises the Career Services and Professional Development staff, both professional and student, in setting department goals, planning programs and events, and managing overall office operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in counseling/guidance or other related subject is required and a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in progressively responsible positions in the delivery of career development programs; preferably in a college setting. The successful candidate will demonstrate practical experience in hiring and recruitment, supervisory experience, familiarity with standard and emerging tools of career development, as well as possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. The incumbent will also be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities as needed to evolve practices in the rapidly changing landscape of higher education career services. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.