Administrative Assistant II/Transportation Coordinator
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II/Transportation Coordinator
POSITION CODE: S6946
DEPARTMENT: Physical Education and Athletics
MONTHS/HOURS: 11 months/30 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.94-$16.88 per hour
AVAILABLE: July 21, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: May 9, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to May 23, 2014
DESCRIPTION: With limited supervision, coordinates and arranges all ground transportation for 21 intercollegiate athletic teams, working with $80,000 budget. Serves as initial contact for walk-in traffic and phone calls to department and provides comprehensive and confidential administrative, clerical and logistic support to a complex, active and busy department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Solicit and obtain transportation needs from coaches and others. Analyze and determine most cost effective/efficient mode of transportation
- Make reservations (cars, vans, charter buses, shuttle services) and provide continuous follow up.
- Investigate and resolve problems; negotiate reduced charges/credits and rates for transportation services.
- Supervise, review and facilitate all transportation payments via check request, purchase order, online prepayment.
- Provide guidance regarding licensing, insurance coverage, placement of drivers on authorized drivers list.
- Advise campus community about transport options/issues and driver availability.
- Create customized itineraries for sport teams.
- Monitor all transportation activities and follow up with travelers and service providers to ensure needs are met.
- Design and maintain electronic workbook to track transportation costs by sport and mode.
- Provide assistance and information in-person, over the telephone, or via email to campus community, parents, visitors and the general public. Screen calls and schedule appointments.
- Prepare, type, proofread, duplicate, and distribute information, including mass mailings, to students, alumni and others.
- Perform various duties including data entry, filing, maintain records, process mail, order supplies, initiate and follow up on service maintenance work orders, coordinate and administer evaluations and run miscellaneous errands.
- Serve as backup to the other Athletics Department administrative assistants in their absence.
- Adhere to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures; and performs other related duties or special projects and events as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Hgh school diploma or equivalent supplemented with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs or general office and three (3) to five (5) years of related work experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques; word processing, spreadsheet, and ability to use database and MS Office software programs. Basic knowledge of math and record keeping requirements. Organizational skills, attention to detail and high accuracy; excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors and with on and off campus contacts; and demonstrate a high degree of motivation, tact and diplomacy; use independent judgment and priority setting; good listening and interpersonal skills. Must be able to focus on multiple tasks, deadlines and exercising initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER