Associate Director, Career Services & Professional Development - CAS
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Associate Director, Career Services and Professional Development - CAS
POSITION CODE: A6783
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2014
POSTING DATE: May 2, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Career and Professional Development, the Associate Director of Career and Professional Development contributes to the design, coordination, and delivery of comprehensive career services with specific responsibilities pertaining to traditional-aged students and alumni in the College of Arts and Sciences. The Associate Director bears significant responsibility for coaching students, leading workshops and seminars, organizing and conducting events, and developing employment and internship opportunities that encourage employers to hire University of Redlands students.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Designs, delivers, and supports career services and related programs for an increasingly diverse population of students and alumni, including regular interaction with students, faculty, alumni, and employers.
- Provides individual and group career coaching for students and alumni in professional development, career planning, occupational self-assessment, job and internship searches, resume and cover letter writing, and interview practice.
- Delivers excellent direct services to ensure student, alumni, and employer satisfaction, as well as enthusiastic collaboration within Career Services and externally as needed.
- Cultivates and maintains strong working relationships with employers, faculty, student leaders, student groups, parents and local community leaders to solicit careers and job opportunities for students.
- Conducts local employer visits and responds to leads within and beyond the University for those interested in providing internships and job development experiences.
- Designs, promotes, and delivers creative professional development and career-readiness initiatives to meet the needs of students and alumni from the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Assists in teaching Real World 101, a life after graduation class offered during May Term or in other workshop settings.
- Uses and maintains technology essential to Career Services, including web presence, social media, and internal and external databases.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in counseling/guidance or other related subject is required and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in higher education, ideally in the delivery of career development programs. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with experience in training, and a working knowledge of career-related resources on the internet. Demonstrated experience with both traditional age students and non-traditional adult students a plus. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Please include the above position code with your submission. Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.