Accounts Payable Coordinator
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR
POSITION CODE: S6943
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Month/ 40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.48 - $19.67 per hour
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: April 18, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to May 9, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for auditing and processing all non-payroll University cash disbursements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs internal audit and processes of all disbursement documents; including check requests, purchase orders, expense reports, travel reimbursements, contract payments, advance requests, invoice and credit memos.
- Reviews, prepares and inputs disbursement documents into the Accounts Payable system, verifies all vouchers have been entered accurately. Maintains and updates vendor records in the system and ensures invoices are in agreement with related purchase orders, check request, contracts or other supporting documents.
- Investigates and follows up related to outstanding purchase orders, invoices, advances, vendor credits, duplicate payments or other pay documents.
- Determines and records deferrals and accruals, in compliance with University policy to ensure proper accounting procedures are followed.
- Reviews and schedules contract payments, documents and implements payment provisions of monthly leased facilities, utilities, food service provider, and credit card payments.
- Reviews vendor listing of independent contractor payments for correctness, coordinates the generation of 1099 forms with state and federal guidelines.
- Audits all invoices and billings for proper application of sales tax by vendors, creates, maintains and updates records for application of use taxes, prepares sales and use tax report for the State Board of Equalization.
- Voids and reissues stale dated checks and advising supervisor of checks to be sent to the State for escheatment purposes.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent plus two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in Accounting, Business, Computer/Data Retrieval, and five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Position requires high degree of confidentiality, maximum concentration and workable knowledge of accounts payable process, data input accuracy, to be able to make correct decisions based on supporting documents. Position requires proficiency with numbers; excellent organizational and communication skills. Strong candidates will also have working knowledge of both federal and state non- resident withholding regulations and related treaty benefits experience. Ability to lift and move files and boxes; use various office equipment such as 10-key calculator by touch; prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks. Some overtime may be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and off campus contacts. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER