Sr. Associate Director/Admissions Technology & Operations Manager
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Sr. Associate Director/Admissions Technology & Operations Manager
POSITION CODE: A6780
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts & Sciences, Office of Admissions
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: April 18, 2014, resume review will begin May 12, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Senior Associate Director, Admissions Technology & Operations Manager is responsible for managing technology to support the College of Arts and Sciences Office of Admissions to increase efficiency, provide superior customer service and optimize technological solutions. This position will enable the Office of Admissions to better use the campus enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution COLLEAGUE and assist in optimizing use of new constituent relationship software (CRM) RECRUITER. And will be responsible for developing reports and analysis on admissions functions and advise senior leadership on how best to improve operations. Additionally, the person shall be responsible for advocating for new technology solutions and work closely with Information Technology Services, Student Financial Services and other counterparts to implement solutions to support admissions functions.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Manages and supports day-to-day operations technology usage within the Office of Admissions to increase efficiency, including troubleshooting of issues with Information Technology Services (ITS) or other related departments.
- Develops and manages a robust series of reports using software such as Excel, Business Objects and Recruiter Analytics to support day-to-day functions and leadership.
- Works with counterparts on campus such as Information Technology Services (ITS), Student Financial Services and Student Life to ensure prospective students and families experience communications and technology interfaces in a seamless fashion.
- Develops and trains end users on best-use practices of admissions software, including facilitation of training workshops and accompanying materials.
- Works with third-party vendors to develop and deploy optimal information systems on the web. Enables necessary systems changes, articulate requirements, create and execute test plans, and coordinate responses to production issues on behalf of the Office of Admissions.
- Works collaboratively with Student Financial Services and Institutional Research to ensure that data about prospective students and applicants is managed and reported on accurately.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all information systems used by Admissions and collaborate with ITS, Registrar, Student Financial Services and other divisions on information system needs and usage.
- Identifies office priorities for technology needs and serves a leadership function in advancing within Admissions a technology support system which is thoughtful and strategic.
- Maintains awareness of technological trends and strategies in higher education and student recruitment.
- Fulfills requests from admissions vendors, campus constituents and admissions colleagues for admissions related data, reports and analysis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors of Arts Degree and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related experience with a working knowledge of Ellucian’s COLLEAGUE, CRM Recruiter, Recruiter Analytics, Business Objects Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports, RedDot and Content Management Systems including working knowledge of html is desirable or equivalent combination of related education and experience. Successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Familiarity with content management systems, new media technologies (blogging, podcasting, RSS and wikis) and be able to conduct, write, and edit content for publishing – including interactive web content is preferred. Other important qualities include: strong organizational skills; demonstrated expertise in interpersonal communications, excellent oral presentation and written communication skills; an appreciation for and knowledge of current technology and software in student recruitment; and high level of professionalism. A valid driver’s license is required. Candidate must possess well-developed motivational skills and ability to work independently in a multi-task oriented environment; and, to be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of prospective students, faculty and staff. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER