Assistant to Vice President, Finance & Administration
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant to Vice President, Finance and Administration
POSITION CODE: A6776
DEPARTMENT: Office of Business and Finance
MONTHS/HOURS: Administrative full-time
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: April 11, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision, provides confidential, senior level administrative support and functions as the key administrative support person in the management, coordination, and operations of the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as the liaison and maintains an ongoing relationship with the Board of Trustees Audit, Campus Planning, Finance, and Investment Committees and University Council, collects, assembles, and distributes materials for committee and council presentation packets, provides organizational support for meetings hosted or chaired by the VP, works closely with the President’s Office to coordinate joint activities, programs, and work flow.
- Provides high-level and confidential administrative support, receives visitors, schedules travel and conferences, maintains the Vice President’s calendar, organizes the daily agenda, tracks action items to resolution, coordinates and arranges calls, appointments and/or meetings with direct reports, trustees, faculty, and others both inside and outside the University community with a high degree of tact and sensitivity.
- Conducts research, prepares presentations, assists the Vice President with university-wide and other programs and initiatives, monitors department budget and University insurance policies, prepares statistical reports, and concurrently manages multiple projects, serves as the back up.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the Vice President and Executive Assistant, maintains and updates a variety of files, manuals, and records, prepares expense reports, purchase orders and check requests, processes mail, orders office supplies and maintains inventory, prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents, types, proofs, duplicates, and distributes items as needed; provides training and instruction to others, accurately reconciles and processes outside vendor billings in a timely manner, places print, IT, and facilities maintenance orders as needed, reserves campus facilities and equipment for meetings.
- Interacts with university community and others on behalf of the Vice President and fosters productive relationships among key constituencies.
- Follows University and departmental guidelines, rules, and policies and procedures.
- May be assigned or directed to complete other duties and/or special projects not outlined in this announcement.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related fields such as business, finance, general office, or information systems, five (5) to eight (8) years of progressively responsible job related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of office procedures, methods, techniques, and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities, maintain multiple ongoing tasks with tight deadlines, possess proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive materials and situations, and work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty, students, and other constituencies. Successful candidate must be able to function independently, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and competently interact with the University’s culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. A willingness to occasionally work non-traditional hours is essential. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, candidates selected for the interview process that need special accommodations may call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER