Assistant Director for Enrollment - South Coast Metro Campus
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING - Revised
POSITION: Assistant Director for Enrollment – South Coast Metro Campus
POSITION CODE: A6775
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management, South Coast Metro Campus
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: May 9, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Campus Director in Enrollment Management, assists in all phases of the recruitment and admissions process for students entering graduate, credential and undergraduate programs within the School of Education and/or School of Business on the South Coast Metro Campus. This position has primary responsibility for recruiting prospective undergraduate, adult and professional students through telephone activity, person to person counseling appointments and corporate outreach.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruits, counsels and enrolls prospective School of Education and/or School of Business Students. Represents the University and the School in district outreach, recruitment activities, public relations events to enhance the School of Education and/or School of Business’s profile in the Redlands area to generate new leads. Replies through various methods to all inquiry responses from walk-ins, telephone, direct mail, internet and website interaction with the intent of scheduling appointments and enrolling into appropriate programs.
- Counsels prospective students of School of Education and/or School of Business programs, admission requirements and procedures, state testing, field work, state requirements, district guidelines, financial aid overview and align academic goals with career options.
- Assists current, prospective and returning students with learning plans for degree or certificate program completion, based on student’s needs, goals, and interest. Manages the follow-up contact process with students and assists in enrolling and orientation to all programs.
- Understands, effectively communicates, and remains current on CCTC Standards, trends in the field of education and the School of Education and/or School of Business curriculum and University policies.
- Maintains student files, collects and distributes student documents and materials in collaboration with main campus. Manages prospective students through a combination of Datatel tracking systems, Excel, and other reporting methods, produces and monitors enrollment reports. Maintains relationships with current students and alumni to promote lasting connections with the School for referral campaigns.
- Assists in the recruitment plans of perspective students through school districts, community colleges and the UC systems. Assists in planning market strategies, including the development of copy for correspondence, marketing materials, website, etc.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or other related subject areas required plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related work experience. Master’s degree in business discipline and experience in customer support or student services management, academic advising, CCTC teaching credentials, recruitment, counseling, professional coaching, career services, or sales training is preferred. Successful candidate will have familiarity with college transcripts, University practices, and catalogs; comfortable with academic structures and environment; ability to work with persons of wide range of skills, educational background and experiences; knowledgeable of career services skills; high level of independent judgment, excellent communication and interpersonal skills; computer literate; ability to master the University’s information system, run downloads, file transfers and manipulate data in spreadsheets. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to attend education fairs, meet with other institutions’ advisors or transfer directors, assist with calls on corporate partners. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, your salary requirements, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER