Office Coordinator I
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: OFFICE COORDINATOR I
POSITION CODE: S6941
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours (Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, alternate between Fri & Sat 8am-5pm)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.20-$18.23 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: March 28, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 4, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Provides high level administrative and clerical support to the School of Business. Often functions as the first line of contact either in-person or by telephone to persons needing services of the Department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides customer service and receptionist support to department by answering telephones and greeting visitors, informing prospective students on the adult degree programs, assists with registration of students into programs.
- Maintains Ellucian Colleague (Datatel) System including entering new records, courses, tracking data to records, running reports and other data entry.
- Coordinates information flow to and from students, faculty, and campus departments either by telephone, email, or written correspondence; develops and produces letters, memos, flyers regarding information meetings, schedules, etc.
- Maintains communication with prospective students supporting the Campus Director and Assistant Campus Director; schedules appointments, orders transcripts, prepare recruiting materials and correspondence, assists with Open House, etc.
- Maintains calendars for Campus Director and Assistant Campus Director; maintains calendar for classroom usage; prepares location signs and written communication about classroom and instructor assignments.
- Organizes and maintains office files; student files; attendance records; orders and organizes office supplies.
- Coordinates all day-to-day office functions including; reception, mail, fax, telephone, e-mail, ordering inventory and office supplies and manages the routine operations of the campus facility.
- Prepares communications with student liaisons, campus staff and instructors, distributes syllabi, rosters, and other academic materials and reports; materials for direct mailings and routine mailings.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidate will have basic knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques; record keeping requirements; and departmental operations and practices; considerable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs and database software is required. Must have strong organizational skills; effective communication, both verbal and written; sort and file documents; focus on multiple tasks, with tight deadlines; use good judgment in organizing and completing assignments, work independently and multi-task.Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER