Human Resources Analyst I
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST I
POSITION CODE: A6772
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: March 21, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, responsible for the employment hiring process of staff and administrator positions; to be an active partner with hiring departments in their employment needs.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meets with hiring authorities and search committees to discuss hiring needs for regular and contracted employees, graduate management interns, and temporaries; coordinates timelines, advertising strategies, prepares job postings and advertisements, and interview questions.
- Conducts initial screening of applicants and resumes for open staff and administrator positions to determine the eligibility of candidates by meeting minimum qualifications.
- Schedules and participates in interviews; completes reference checks; makes job offers and negotiates.
- Processes payroll notifications for new hires, terminations, transfers, and status changes. Prepares new hire files and conducts new hire orientation. Maintains personnel database by adding and terminating employees, and changing existing information.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager in employee relations issues; provides support to employees and supervisors as needed.
- Conducts position classification and compensation studies, individual desk audits and analysis for FLSA, KSAs, education levels, job duties, internal and external pay comparisons, and the upkeep of the University’s position classification system.
- Provides backup to department being crossed trained to conduct new hire and benefits orientation, benefit administration, workers comp and unemployment benefits, exit interviews and COBRA as needed.
- Coordinates and tracks the annual and introductory performance evaluation process; offers training and assistance as needed.
- Performs all other related duties and responsibilities as directed or assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or other closely related field, a minimum of three (3) years related experience or an equivalent combination thereof. Human Resources Management certificate and experience in an educational setting is highly desirable. Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, communications skills both written and verbal. Successful candidate must be multi-task oriented, able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff, and be able to work with minimal supervision. The successful candidate should have considerable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs and database software. Candidate should have strong writing skills and be able to sort and file documents; draft, compose, type and proofread various correspondence. Familiarity with ADP and HRIS systems is desirable. The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues; ability to work productively in a collaborative environment to meet deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER