Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
POSITION CODE: S6937
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: March 7, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 14, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistic support within a highly complex and diverse department. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares, types, duplicates, proofreads, and distributes correspondence and other documents in support of the department, with special emphasis on direct mail appeals and acknowledgement.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department including filing; opening, date-stamping and distributing mail; tracking inventory of letterhead; provides assistance and information in person or over the telephone to visitors including University administration, faculty, alumni, students and parents.
- Aids in data management for department, particularly in identifying address updates, entering contacts by staff and volunteers, and requesting lists for mailings.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests; orders and maintains stock of office supplies; maintains department budget(s) manually or by automated spreadsheet programs.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential, particularly in relation to incoming gifts.
- Arranges appointments and meetings as requested and manages responses for departmental event invites; makes travel arrangements for administrators in department.
- Coordinates maintenance and/or repair of office systems and equipment with other University departments or outside vendors.
- May coordinate activities, recommend discipline, hire, train and complete performance evaluation of student workers.
- Contributes to Team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, or general office and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques, record keeping, word processing, spreadsheet and software programs. Familiarity with MS Word. Significant knowledge of record keeping requirements and departmental operations and practices. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to sensitive information; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER