Student Employment Specialist
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: STUDENT EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST
POSITION CODE: S6938
DEPARTMENT: Student Employment
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.48- $19.67 per hour
AVAILABLE: April 7, 2014
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: March 7, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to March 21, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs a wide-variety of administrative duties in support of the Student Employment Program, determines priority and coordination of work assignments from major projects to day-to-day tasks. .
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support for the Director of Student Employment, front office support to Student Financial Services. Provides exceptional telephone support with a high degree of tact and technical knowledge; response to internal and external requests, processes requests accordingly; assists in answering inquiries and directing individuals properly.
- In the absence of the Director will be a resource for departments with student employment and consulting with Human Resources/payroll and other entities as necessary.
- Maintains University On and Off Campus Program database (Filemaker Pro), enters students in the system; processes reimbursement requests. Primary on-going contact with Off-Campus Employers during academic year.
- Supports data analysis activities; contributes to data reports; primary responsibility for hiring approximately 1,200 students into the ADP/Payroll system, and the on-going maintenance of records, pay rate changes, updates, etc., runs ADP reports; tracks budget expenditures; researches and analysis solutions to resolve student employment issues; verifies financial aid work-awards in the Datatel database.
- Provides administrative and project support to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Services for the College.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, word processing, and spreadsheet and data entry. Plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position, or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of clerical procedures and word processing; basic math skills and knowledge of recordkeeping required. Successful candidate must have exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret regulations; and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER