Dean, School of Education
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Dean, School of Education
POSITION CODE: A6769
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2014
POSTING DATE: March 7, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: The University of Redlands—an independent liberal arts and sciences university with high quality professional programs—invites nominations and applications for the position of the Dean of the School of Education. The School of Education offers programs to grant credentials in teaching, school counseling and school administration, a doctorate in leadership for educational justice (Ed.D.) and master’s degree programs in counseling, curriculum and instruction, educational administration, and higher education at the University of Redlands campus and several regional campuses in southern California.
Reporting directly to the Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer, the Dean of the School of Education is responsible for the academic excellence of the School, recruitment, development, and evaluation of faculty and staff, management of more than 80 part-time/adjunct faculty, faculty development in support of faculty teaching, research, and scholarship, promotion of curricular and pedagogical innovation and excellence, assessment and improvement of educational effectiveness, effective management of the administrative affairs of the School, and representation of the School to the University and the public.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Articulating a compelling vision for the School and leading the faculty and staff in its pursuit;
- Providing leadership in strategic and budgetary planning for the School;
- Working collaboratively and productively with Enrollment Management and Operations to develop plans for enrollment growth;
- Recruitment, development, and evaluation of faculty and staff;
- Faculty development in support of faculty teaching, research, and scholarship;
- Promotion of curricular and pedagogical innovation and excellence;
- Maintaining accreditation with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Assessment and improvement of educational effectiveness;
- Effective management of the administrative affairs of the School;
- Leadership of corporate relations/outreach efforts and development of a robust alumni network; and
- Supporting and fortifying the efforts of the President and Advancement Office in fund-raising activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is required. The successful candidate will be an innovative and collaborative academic leader with a commitment to the values of liberal education and professional education. The successful candidate will have a strong record of teaching, research and scholarship, and service, commensurate with appointment at a senior rank, an earned doctorate, and substantial administrative experience. Must possess the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with faculty, fellow deans, and the central administration; the ability to develop and maintain fair, consistent, and transparent means of handling ongoing administrative activities; and strong communication skills and the habit of regular communication with faculty, staff, administrative colleagues, and the central administration. Successful candidates must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a letter outlining the applicant’s background, qualifications, and vision for the position, curriculum vita/resume, and the contact information for five (5) professional references. All documents must be submitted electronically in PDF format to: https://highereddecisions.com/efl/current_vacancies.asp
Confidential inquiries may be directed to Ms. Jan Asnicar, Vice President of Higher Education Practice, EFL Associates, at 913/234-1561 or email@example.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER