Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
POSITION CODE: S6934
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: February 14, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 21, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides back office comprehensive administrative support; reviews student account activity to verify accuracy of billing data and resolves discrepancies; and assists in the efficient operation of the Student Financial Services department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responds as a first point of contact for front office staff, providing information and assistance with collections or billing questions.
- Provides administrative and clerical support including maintenance of department calendar/schedule; coordinates and arranges appointments and meetings; monitors and maintains the department email account.
- Runs the Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) to coordinate the process of importing data files from the U.S. Department of Education on a daily basis.
- Maintains the process for missing information correspondence.
- Prints and reviews billing statements for accuracy of tuition, room and board, fees, and Financial Aid postings.
- Reviews course registrations in Colleague and compares student account activity to ensure courses have been correctly charged or credited.
- Assists with processing of Refund Check Requests for student credit balances.
- Maintains process for all manual adjustments to student accounts.
- Monitors, reviews and updates change of addresses from Collection Agency reports, student loan reports and from returned mail.
- Oversees activities, reviews and assigns work of student workers, including training and monitoring their performance.
- Orders department supplies and maintains and tracks the office supplies budget.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures
- Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in accounting, business, computer software, and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Position requires good analytical skills with the ability to understand charges and credits on a billing statement; research billing discrepancies, and to look up data in a student database. Successful candidate must possess proficiency with numbers; computer literacy working with a large database; excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment; ability to prioritize work assignments while working in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks; thorough knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation; work cooperatively with parents, students, co-workers, and supervisors. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER