Student Financial Services Systems Specialist
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
POSITION CODE: S6933
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.48-$19.67 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: January 24, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to February 14, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, the Student Financial Services Systems Specialist will assist the Operations Support Director with set-up, training, troubleshooting and reporting for Ellucian Colleague and related information systems for functional Student Financial Service areas. This position provides technology and administrative support and leadership to Student Financial Services personnel.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists Student Financial Services Operations Support Director and other staff members as directed.
- Composes and sends all Electronic Notifications; including electronic Title IV Disbursement Notifications to students and parents.
- Reconciles federal and state data monthly.
- Assists Operations Support Director with technical set-up including: training, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and reporting for all systems.
- Assists with collection, analysis and preparation of data for internal and external reporting using BusinessObjects Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports.
- Uses various office systems and software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Ellucian Colleague, Business Objects Reporting, Crystal Reports, CASHNet and others as needed.
- Works closely with Student Financial Services staff to implement changes, streamline processes and prioritize technological needs.
- Coordinates edits and prepares data reports, presentations, forms, and other documents.
- Provides leadership for back office personnel and acts as point of contact in absence of Operations Support Director.
- Ensures quality of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in a related field and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position, or an equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidates will have similar experience demonstrating a high level of independent thinking and judgment. Candidates will have a strong technical ability to understand many different types of software and proficiency using databases. Must have excellent organization and analytical skills and be detail oriented; extensive understanding of University policies relating to student receivables, refunds, tuition liability and financial aid process; ability to enforce policy. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER