Assistant Director of Student Activities
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES
POSITION CODE: A6762
DEPARTMENT: Student Leadership and Involvement/Student Life
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One year
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: January 24, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Student Leadership and Involvement this position is actively engaged in all aspects of the Student Leadership and Involvement Center (SLIC). The position will provide advising, leadership, and program support to various areas of SLIC, concentrating on Student Government (ASUR), student clubs and organizations, and Social Affairs. This position is also responsible for the development and implementation of major campus events such as Homecoming, annual concerts, and creative new initiatives for student engagement, as well as assisting in coordination of specialty programs such as New Student Orientation and Commencement.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Advises Social Affairs and other Student Government groups.
- Develops and coordinates events such as Homecoming, Annual Concerts, and Connections Days.
- Supports the functioning of the all Clubs and Organizations as delegated by the Director.
- Establishes new and creative programs and activities to meet the needs of all students.
- Develops, manages, publishes, and distributes advertising, and marketing for student activities and events, including the departmental web site; including the electronic advertising on campus, monthly calendar, Bull Sheet, Facebook pages/groups and other social media pages, etc.
- Assists with development of all departmental initiatives.
- Manages budgets related to areas of responsibility.
- Provides assistance in enforcing all campus policies, specifically those related to campus advertising, alcohol and event management.
- Manages all aspects of the Hertz Connect Car Rental program.
- Actively participates in special assignments.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree required, plus a minimum of one (1) to three (3) year’s experience working in a similar position. Master's degree is preferred. Experience working with college-aged students and/or student activities related areas extremely desirable. Successful candidate will have high energy, good judgment and commitment to students. Ability to be creative, flexible and have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision; have excellent written, analytical, and verbal skills; a willingness to be a team player and understand the issues facing University students. Must competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. Position requires a great deal of flexibility in the work schedule. Weekend and late night hours involved. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or www.redlands.edu/jobs.asp
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER