Associate Registrar - Records, Registration, And Reporting
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Associate Registrar - Records, Registration, and Reporting
POSITION CODE: A6761
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One year
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: December 13, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Registrar manages the accuracy, integrity and security of all student academic records. Manages the records and registration processes from the time of matriculation through completion for all students. Compiles, maintains, and tracks student academic information and records for internal and external analysis, use and reporting. Along with the Registrar, this position will oversee maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades of automated systems and technologies within the Registrar’s Office.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as technology liaison for Registrar’s Office; streamlines and improves quality of processes using the technology available.
- Manages maintenance, training and set-up processes using Colleague and other technologies in the Registrar’s Office; manages the accuracy and integrity of data within the Student Information System – Colleague; modifies and updates the changes that affect Web Registration.
- Sends communications to students and advisors about registration times, procedures and priorities; creates and distributes regular Enrollment and other Reports to various sources; works with other departments on campus to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Manages and supervises the registration, records maintenance and grading processes for all programs.
- Manages, creates, and maintains all reports generated for external and internal use from the Registrar’s Office.
- Manages the accuracy and integrity of data within the Student Information System - Colleague.
- Supervises staff and student workers in assigned area, including training, performance evaluation, coaching, professional development and goal setting.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires Bachelor’s degree, plus three (3) to five (5) years related professional experience in a similar position. Master’s degree preferred. Successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, managerial, and organizational skills and commitment to students and university. Ability to provide an in-depth knowledge of technical areas, including developing reports with data-mining and data-analytics using tools such as Business Objects is necessary. Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, and students; interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations and procedures; exercise initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently and in seeking new ways to improve processes. Knowledge of office procedures, methods and techniques; word processing and spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is desired. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written. Candidate must possess well-developed motivational skills and ability to work independently in a multi-task oriented environment, to be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or www.redlands.edu/jobs.asp
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER