Associate Director of Human Resources, Employment & Employee Relations
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Associate Director of Human Resources, Employment & Employee Relations
POSITION CODE: A6760
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: December 6, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Associate Director will assist the Director in creating, developing, operating, and maintaining all facets of the Human Resources Department. Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and University policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the employment, employee relations, benefits, and payroll functions for the University with supervisory responsibility for a staff of five (5); creates vision and strategy for each functional area.
- Assists the director with the management of the day-to-day operational activities for the Human Resources department in support of the University.
- Develops and maintains strong effective relationships with departments; assists, counsels and trains department management regarding: recruiting, employment laws, and employee relations. Ensures University policies and procedures related to hiring and promotion are complied with by all departments.
- Oversees and resolves employee relations issues in a calm and effective manner.
- Analyzes current human resources processes and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations to streamline and improve efficiency and effectiveness in employment, benefits and employee relations.
- Ensures compliance and consistent application of University policies and practices; interprets and applies laws, regulations, rules and policies; analyzes existing and prepares drafts proposed University policies and procedures.
- Manages University’s performance evaluation, classification, and compensation processes.
- Assists director with the oversight and management of the University’s 403(b), 457(f) and 457(b) retirement plans.
- Administers the University’s human resources and payroll systems (ADP); prepares adhoc reports as needed.
- Prepares or manages the preparation of financial and administrative reports and budget materials.
- Performs data gathering and analytical tasks in connection with the development, monitoring and maintenance of the personnel and benefits budget; prepares all Human Resources related budgets and expenditure transfers.
- Manages and develops training and development programs for University employees.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or other closely related field, plus seven (7) or more years of experience in the human resources field, supervisory experience is required in addition to two (2) or more years managing a payroll operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advance degree is preferred. Must have strong interpersonal, financial, analytical, as well as both written and verbal communications skills. Successful candidate must be multi-task oriented, able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff, and be able to work with minimal supervision. The successful candidate should have well-developed research and analytical skills and be proficient with personal computer operations, primarily word-processing and spreadsheet applications. Familiarity with HRIS and ADP is desirable. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or www.redlands.edu/jobs.asp
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER