Advancement Business Analyst
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Advancement Business Analyst
POSITION CODE: A6757
DEPARTMENT: Advancement Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience depending on qualifications
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One year
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: November 27, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: The Advancement Business Analyst will provide mission critical information for University Advancement planning and decision-making using Advancement data warehouse, Business Objects/Crystal Reports, SQL Server Management Studio and other reporting tools. Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services and working closely with Advancement division leadership and staff, the analyst will contribute to the division’s effectiveness by bridging the gap between the enterprise database and end users through consultation and analysis resulting in sophisticated and responsive reporting.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops effecting reporting solutions for Advancement division by determining strategic measurements and a core suite of reports and business intelligence tools for fundraising campaigns, events, and engagement and relationship development with boards, alumni, friends and organizations.
- Identifies relevant data and tools, primarily Advancement data warehouse, Business Objects, and Crystal Reports to create accurate reports and other deliverables that compile data into simple and understandable information for users and management, adhering to deadlines and priorities.
- Gathers requirements for and then designs and builds query and presentation aspects of reports from conception to delivery, which includes writing queries and formulas in the SQL language.
- Under guidance of Director and Advancement leadership, identifies future needs of users and stakeholders and helps prioritize and address them; evaluates new potential software solutions and products.
- Analyzes Advancement’s results and trends, effectively communicates findings and recommendations, and works with Advancement leadership to identify strategies that will address division and institution goals.
- Documents procedures for using reporting tools and specific reports, including assisting Director in determining appropriate levels of access and facilitating end user access/security.
- Guides and trains power users in the division in creating and modifying reports, reviewing query language and adherence to business rules, including reporting standards and protocols established by ITS/Advancement Services.
- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance reporting practices and procedures in cooperation with ITS, and helps ensure end user adherence to these.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree required, with strong preference for Mathematics, Finance, Information Systems or related quantitative discipline. Position requires three (3) to five (5) years of significant experience in data retrieval and analytics using a large relational database and enterprise information systems. Understanding of higher education and/or non-profit environment, especially fundraising, is preferred. Successful candidate has advanced experience with multiple software packages; including MS Office suite (particularly Excel), and customer relations management (CRM) applications such as Ellucian’s Colleague or similar major fundraising system, and expertise in SQL compliant reporting tools such as Business Objects/ Crystal Reports. We seek a self-motivated and collaborative team player with critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to facilitate consensus and decision-making among diverse constituencies with different goals and priorities; skills to develop and maintain operational policies and procedures, design and document detailed process flows; desire to model quality standards while adhering to deadlines; excellent interpersonal, communication, technical and organizational skills. Candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with “The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and reasonable accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040. E.O.E.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands California 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 or
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER