Technology Enabled Classroom Consultant
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Technology Enabled Classroom Consultant
POSITION CODE: A6759
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrator, full-time, 12 months, M –F 8 to 5, occasional work evenings/weekends STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 27, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Multimedia Services Manager, the Technology Enabled Classroom Consultant acts as the technical administrator in the maintenance and support of the University’s Technology Enabled Classroom environments, as well as coordinating the activities of student workers. Responsibilities include technical support of media-related components in these classrooms, end-user support related to the use of TECs, consultation with faculty related to the use of technology and involvement in related projects. The position will supervise student workers and maintain an inventory of items involved with TEC support.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support activities related to the technology-enabled classrooms on campus and at the University’s seven Regional Centers, located in southern California.
- Installs, configures, hardware/firmware/software upgrades, testing, performs cable installation/termination and provides preventive maintenance in the TEC environments.
- Coordinates vendor support and installation activities for technology-enabled classroom equipment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities of student workers in accordance with University policies and applicable laws including interviewing, training, planning and assigning work; performance appraisal; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Consults with faculty regarding equipment needs for the TECs.
- Maintains equipment inventory and tracking for TECs.
- Monitors TECs and supply reports to determine maintenance needs, equipment replacement needs and/or identify enhancement opportunities for the TECs.
- Performs other TEC-related, and systems support, hardware and software maintenance, projects and support duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, plus some college or trade school training with a technical or electronics emphasis, plus three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a like position, maintaining equipment associated with classroom technologies (projectors, switching-panels, audio/visual equipment, and desktop computers) with one (1) year in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The candidate must have experience working with users to resolve technical issues; troubleshooting problems with technical or electronic equipment; providing consultation in the use of classroom technologies; installing, configuring and/or trouble-shooting issues with SmartPanel devices from SPControls (or similar products); installing, configuring and/or troubleshooting issues with Epson (or similar) projectors; providing desktop computer support, including PCs and Macintosh computers; installing and/or maintaining traditional audio/visual equipment (overhead projectors, screens, speakers, DVD/VCR players, etc.); and working on a college/university campus. Proven ability to work productively in a highly collaborative team environment while participating at a high skill level on information technology projects. Ability to meet deadlines is a must and experience supervising student and/or part-time workers is desired. Demonstrated knowledge of solid customer service and interpersonal skills in a multicultural setting. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER