Student Services Manager
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Student Services Manager
POSITION CODE: A6758
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time, some evening and weekend hours required
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 27, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Provides a range of services supporting students, alumni, and friends of the School of Business and University, frequently and regularly interacts with students, alumni, and community groups.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides quality front-line customer service, student satisfaction. Maintains regular proactive contact with students, follows up in a timely manner. Collaborates with other operational areas to ensure timely resolution of internal and external student/customer inquiries. Evaluates and resolves student inquiries, issues, and problems, ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Assists adult students in course selections, transfer procedures and schedules. Monitors students to ensure adequate progress toward degree. Develops and communicates information regarding opportunities for electives, study abroad, internships, etc. Assists students with disabilities in navigating the disability services process. Participates in regular retention meetings, auditing re-entry and at-risk students. Monitors attendance and follows-up, conducts and documents exit interviews. Assists students and alumni with career development needs.
- Assists in the delivery of student programs geared to adult students. Develops and implements re-entry initiatives designed to help meet enrollment and retention goals.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of School of Business student and alumni activities and events. Assists in supporting relationships with existing and new companies, and serves as the liaison between students and employers.
- Provides feedback to enrollment group leadership concerning possible problems or areas of improvement. Compiles and analyze weekly activity reports, creates spreadsheets, tables, reports, and databases to store and extract information as needed. Assists in updating and maintaining of the UR Online Career Center as it relates to School of Business students and alumni. Assist in the coordination and implementation of career development workshops and in providing career services and activities for School of Business students and alumni.
- Maintains institution confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures. Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred plus three (3) to five (5) years related experience in higher education, or equivalent combination; background in academic advising, student services, career services, and/or alumni relations desirable. Successful candidate must be highly proficient in administrative reports, analyst and manipulating data, able to demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work efficiently and successfully with minimum supervision; prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines; be creative and flexible. Valid driver’s license required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout showing a good driving record will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or http://www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER