Student Services Manager
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING - Revised
POSITION: Student Services Manager
POSITION CODE: A6758
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time, some evening and weekend hours required
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 27, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Student Services and working with the faculty and staff, this academic administrator provides a range of services supporting students, alumni, and friends of the School of Business and University, frequently and regularly interacts with students, alumni, and community groups.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains regular contact and provides quality service to School of Business students on the main campus and at the satellite campuses to support student satisfaction; evaluates and resolves student inquiries, issues, and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with other operational areas to evaluate and ensure timely resolution of internal and external student/customer inquiries.
- Works directly with adult students to provide academic advising services from time of enrollment to degree completion to include course scheduling, transfer procedures, and degree completion planning. Monitors students to ensure adequate progress toward degree. Develops and communicates information regarding opportunities for electives, study abroad, internships, etc.
- Assists students with disabilities in navigating through the disability services process.
- Participates in regular retention meetings, auditing re-entry and at-risk students. Monitors, tracks, and reports students’ attendance and academic progress. Assists in the delivery of student programs geared to adult students. Develops and implements re-entry initiatives designed to help meet enrollment, retention, and completion goals.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of School of Business student and alumni activities and events.
- Provides feedback to academic and enrollment group leadership concerning possible problems or challenges. Compiles and analyzes weekly activity reports, creates spreadsheets, tables, reports, and databases to store and extract information as needed.
- Provides information on career services, resources, and programs to School of Business students and alumni.
- Maintains institution confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred plus three (3) to five (5) years related experience in higher education, or equivalent combination; background in academic advising, student services, career services, and/or alumni relations desirable. Successful candidate must be highly proficient in administrative reports, analyst and manipulating data, able to demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work efficiently and successfully with minimum supervision; prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines; be creative and flexible. Valid driver’s license required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout showing a good driving record will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or http://www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER