Sr. Administrative Assistant - Alumni Relations
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE NON-EXEMPT POSITION OPENING
POSITION: SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
POSITION CODE: A6750
DEPARTMENT: Alumni Relations
APPOINTMENT: Non-Exempt Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: $18.27-$20.56 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 22, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled, Resumes review will begin in five (5) days
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations, functions as the key support and confidential assist to the Director in the coordination, management, and implementation of the operations of the Alumni Relations Department. Provides comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistics support within Alumni Relations.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Provides high-level administrative support, maintains Director’s calendar, follows-up on action items, coordinates meetings and conference calls; Arranges travel and conference registration as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents, prepares presentation materials for meetings.
- Tracks progress of action items and deliverables; Provides budget support; monitors and collects budget information.
- Provides exceptional telephone support with a high degree of tact and technical knowledge; responds to internal and external requests, processes requests accordingly; provides organizational support to process timesheets, vacation, requests, staffing issues, etc.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department, including: Filing; preparing purchase orders and check requests; preparing and processing expense reports; preparing large quantity mass mailings (e.g. Newsletters, invitations, programs, etc.); processing out-going and in-coming mail; and ordering office supplies.
- Coordinates maintenance and/or repair of office systems and equipment with other University departments or outside vendors.
- May supervise administrative assistant and/or student employees; assigns, reviews, coordinates, and prioritizes workload and schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties and special projects as assigned or directed. Maintains department confidentiality of sensitive data, information, activities and decisions; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Position requires occasional overtime to support alumni relations events.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related field such as business or general office and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience is required or an equivalent combination thereof. Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred. Considerable knowledge of current workplace standards and norms (e.g., utilizing full Microsoft Office suite products such as Word, Excel, and Publisher, along with Photodraw and/or Quark; and performing mail merges to create mailing lists). Superior internal/external customer services skills. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, set priorities, multi-task and handle deadlines. Significant level of independent judgment; ability to asses requests and problems, and respond accordingly. Successful candidate must be able to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret procedures and explain processes. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER