Assistant to Vice President, Advancement (Internal Only)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING (Internal Only)
POSITION: Assistant to Vice President, Advancement (Internal Only)
POSITION CODE: A6752
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement
MONTHS/HOURS: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 22, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision provides senior level administrative support and functions as the key administrative support person in the management, coordination, and implementation of the operations in the Office of the Vice President of Advancement.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains the Vice President’s calendar, including scheduling, rescheduling and prioritizing as needed, organizing daily agenda, follow-up and action items; provides coordination and organizational support for meetings hosted or chaired by the VP; works closely with the President’s Office to coordinate joint activities and programs between that office and the Vice President’s office. Assists the Vice President with university-wide programs and initiatives that fall outside of the Development and University Relations Divisions. Coordinates and arranges conferences and travel; coordinates appointments and meetings with direct reports, donors, trustees, faculty and others both inside and outside the University community; provides frequent assistance in person or over the telephone, which requires a high degree of tact and technical knowledge.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the division, including: filing, preparing purchasing orders and check requests; preparing and processing expense reports; processing out going and in-coming mail; ordering and maintaining office supply inventory; prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents in support of the department’s activities; types, proofs, duplicates and distributes; provides supervision, training, instruction, for student employees.
- Supports data analysis activities; contributes to data reports; collects, compiles and distributes data and reports to the V.P., cabinet, various University constituents and outside vendors; maintains and tracks departmental budgets for the several departments within University Relations, plus commencement, using a developed computerized spreadsheet program; provides budget support; and accesses online budgets to monitor and collect budget information.
- Reconciles and processes a significant amount of outside vendor billing, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Responsible for follow-up on action of committees or assigned groups, etc., to ensure that decisions are implemented, contracts are prepared and appropriate parties are notified.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the division, including: filing, preparing purchasing orders and check requests; preparing and processing expense reports; processing out going and in-coming mail; ordering and maintaining office supply inventories;
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field such as business, general office, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressively responsible related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of office procedures, methods and techniques; word processing and spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred). Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline; possess proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive materials; and situations work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty, students, and other constituencies. Successful candidate must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; demonstrate strong problem-solving skills; and competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, trustees and constituencies. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: University of Redlands, Human Resources, PO Box 3080, Redlands, CA 92373.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT (909) 748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER