Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement
POSITION CODE: A6751
DEPARTMENT: Alumni Relations
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time, 12 months
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 15, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Leads, manages, and directs the Office of Alumni Relations as it seeks to involve and engage a broad range of alumni, parents and friends in the life of the university.
Through a wide variety of dynamic programming, volunteer opportunities, communications and personal outreach, the successful candidate will build strong ties to the university in order to foster greater support of our students, faculty and extended community.
As a member of the university advancement management team, the director will work closely with the development, advancement services, and communications offices as well as with members of the university community.
- Creating a vibrant five-year reunion program for classes celebrating 5th through 50th reunions
- Continuing to build homecoming, family, and reunion/alumni weekends
- Expanding support for regional alumni chapters, both in terms of the number of chapters as well as their programming offerings, seeking ways to involve alumni and parents in the intellectual and social pursuits of the university
- Introducing current students to the opportunities afforded them as alumni of the University
- Enhancing career networking, affinity group, and admission programming; identifying other potential vehicles and activities for the engagement of alumni and parents
- Actively engages the Office of the President and other University departments as appropriate, in outreach to, an programming for alumni
- Oversees the expansion of the University’s on-line community and works closely with colleagues in the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications to enhance connections among alumni, parents, and the University
- The director will effectively serve the Alumni Association Board of Directors and build or enhance active networks of volunteers to more effectively involve constituencies including the College of Arts and Sciences, Student Life, Johnston Center, School of Education, School of Business, Alumni for Greeks, Athletics and many more.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
- Reports to the Vice President for University Advancement and supervises a department of six or more
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least five years of experience directing or volunteering in alumni and parent programming, preferably at a liberal arts institution
- Superior management, organization and planning skills; a track record of program development and implementation
- Attentiveness to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively and possess exceptional public speaking skills while also exhibiting strong writing ability. Must effectively communicate with a broad range of internal and external constituents including faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents, and friends of the University
- Must have a high level of independent judgment and work to solve problems; handle confidential information; and navigate sensitive situations
- Considerable evening and weekend work is involved along with occasional travel
- Successful candidate will have a leadership style marked by enthusiasm with a desire to innovate
- A copy of a current DMV printout with a good driving record is required.
- Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER