Director of Donor Relations
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Donor Relations
POSITION CODE: A6749
DEPARTMENT: Advancement Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 1, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Director of Donor Relations develops and administers the University’s on-going donor stewardship program, coordinates stewardship strategies, activities, donor recognition, and documentation including recipient selection for donated scholarships, management of endowed fund reporting and serving as a resource for determining fund purposes, restrictions and use.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans and implements a comprehensive stewardship/donor relations program in collaboration with the Office of Development and related departments.
- Works with the Offices of Financial Aid, Admissions, Development, and various academic units to coordinate the selection of named scholarship recipients; initiates and facilitates communications with and reports to donors and recipients of named scholarship funds; collaborates with Provost’s Office and academic departments to ensure and track periodic reporting to donors of other endowed funds.
- Plans and implements donor recognition events, particularly the annual endowed scholarship reception/luncheon and ad hoc scholarship luncheons for key donors, as well as facilitating donor campus visits.
- Assumes a lead role in creating and implementing an annual scholarship program for high-end Redlands Fund donors; coordinates and documents recipient selection and communications between donors and these donors and recipients.
- Serves as liaison between Advancement Services and Development offices in effectively managing timely and appropriate acknowledgement of gifts and pledges in accordance with IRS regulations and University policy.
- Maintains documentation of fund purposes in central database/files and provides information to departments.
- Stewards and serves as primary relationship manager for specific donors as assigned, which may include off campus visits; attends and assists in staffing donor recognition and cultivation events as appropriate.
- Researches and writes or contributes to donor stories for publications, website, and press releases.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) to five (5) years of similar or related work experience is required. Successful candidate will be familiar with charitable giving programs or organizations and the mission of a private liberal arts and sciences university and should have demonstrated experience in a higher education or fundraising environment which is donor-centered; must have demonstrated skills in writing, organization, and attention to detail with strong prior experience composing correspondence and/or copy as well as excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel is required; competency in Access is desirable. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER