Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
POSITION CODE: S6927
DEPARTMENT: Office of Business & Finance
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: November 1, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 8, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, this position provides comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistic support within the Office of Business & Finance departments. Serve as confidential assistant and function as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations. Scheduling and coordination of meeting, conference calls and materials for BOT Committee meetings and meetings for Business & Finance area.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department including maintaining department files; office supplies and coordinates yearly stationery order; prepares mailings; opening, sorting and distributing mail for Business & Finance, Cashiers & Accounting; photocopying; monitors submission of timesheets; prepares credit applications; prepares budget manager materials and reports.
- Provide assistance in person or over the telephone, to visitors, administration, faculty, students, parents, and general public.
- Updates web page administration and maintenance for area.
- Updates and maintains employee information and contact forms for coordinating office events.
- Coordinates arrangements for BOT Committee management for Finance, Investment & Audit Committees; calendars meeting times and locations; prepares room requisition, prepares meeting materials and agenda as required; posting materials to Board Portal Committee, attendance Committee meeting set-up for meetings; maintain electronic files of Committee materials and presentations.
- Maintains calendars for senior administrators and schedules meetings; prepares travel arrangements for administrators and faculty; coordinates catering with Bon Appetit and any conference calls.
- Handles cash/banking files; commonfund website downloading reports; prepares summary of online fee schedules; vendor coding for Accounts Payable; and updates W9 coding forms.
- Creates spreadsheets as needed to track and reconcile various accounts, data, files and workload; prepares, proofreads and revises forms.
- Prepares various Check Requests for department payments – i.e. water services, audit, banks etc; general membership payments and reconciliations; completes all travel/expense reimbursement forms.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related duties as needed; performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field such as business, secretarial, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER