Director of Leadership & Involvement
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF LEADERSHIP AND INVOLVEMENT
POSITION CODE: A6753
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time, 12 months (may require day/evening/night work, including holidays and/or weekends)
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: October 25, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Assistant Dean of Student Life, the Director of Leadership and Involvement is responsible to engage all aspects of the Student Leadership and Involvement Center (SLIC). This position has the primary responsibility of overseeing all student leadership programming, educational workshops, and over 110 clubs and organizations. This position oversees the ASUR Student Government (Cabinet and Senate) and provides support for the “whole student” by creating co-curricular programs designed to complement and enhance academic learning.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Works with Faculty and Administrators to develop and further Leadership training.
- Develops and implements a Co-Curricular Transcript process which assists students in highlighting their co-curricular involvements outside of the classroom (an education without borders).
- Advises various aspects of ASUR student government (e.g. Cabinet, Senate, Social Affairs, Convocation, etc.)
- Helps facilitate, plan, implement and support special events such as: Homecoming, New Student Orientation, Honors Convocation, Senior Dinner, Connections Day, Fall/Spring-Fest.
- Supervises two professional staff members (ARHD’s) with part-time assignments in SLIC.
- Develops, implement, and assess student Leadership programs and activities.
- Provides training and support to club and organization advisors.
- Develops new programs and initiatives in relation to SLIC and Student Life.
- Assists in the planning and daily operation of SLIC and remain conscientious about changing needs by working with staff, attending student-planned events, and maintaining a resourceful, approachable and visible role as the Director of Leadership and Involvement.
- Teaches a leadership-oriented First-Year Seminar and/or a May Term Course.
- Assists in enforcing all campus policies, specifically related to advertising, alcohol, and event management.
- Attends meetings, participates in special assignments, and assists with annual events and projects as assigned through Student Life.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree required in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, Counseling or other related fields. Plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience working in a student affairs or related position. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision; have excellent written, analytical, and verbal skills; a willingness to be a team player and understand the issues facing University students. A willingness to work non-traditional hours is essential. Successful candidate will have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases with specific knowledge and experience of using the Internet, email and competency in a variety of computer applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER