Athletic Facility Specialist
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ATHLETIC FACILITY SPECIALIST
POSITION CODE: S6925
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 month/30 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00 –$16.88
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: October 18, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to December 6, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, serves as a member of the team responsible for the overall maintenance of the athletic fields and the aquatic center performing a variety of tasks including field turf restoration, event and game day preparation, care for landscape, aquatic chemical cleaning, and proper maintenance and upkeep of the equipment and associated facilities.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implements field maintenance such as aerating crosscutting, mowing, edging vertical cutting, de-thatching, irrigation, fertilization, weed abatement, and top-dressing.
- Paints and marks fields under NCAA rules and provides set-up, and clean-up of facilities for practices, contests, and events including equipment goal posts, track & field pits, dugouts, bench areas, etc.
- In the absence of the Athletic Facilities Supervisor or other lead personnel, may serve as the lead with oversight for all duties and responsibilities performed of the athletic facilities crew for limited and extended time frames.
- Cleans, monitors, and inspects athletic facilities, surrounding areas, and equipment for maintenance and safety concerns.
- Maintains landscape for associated facilities and upkeep of trees, shrubs and hedges which may include planting pruning, trimming, spraying, fertilizing and weeding.
- Provides dirt management to baseball and softball fields including infield skin, baselines, warning tracks, pitching mounds and home plate. This includes regular dragging, screen drag and moisture control.
- Contributes to the decision making process on the feasibility of playing on fields depending upon weather and field conditions.
- Inspects and maintains exterior/interior areas of the Aquatic Center facilities, including: pool, grounds and equipment for cleanliness, appropriate appearance and safety, and make minor repairs and adjustments as needed.
- Performs all other related duties or special projects and attends training as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) to three (3) years experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Candidates will possess working knowledge of methods, techniques and strategies for construction, preparation and management of athletic field turf and competition facilities. Have strong attention to detail; good communication skills; be able to multi-task and maintain campus standards; be flexible with work schedule to work around athletic and non-athletic events. Upon offer of employment, a physical examination must be successfully completed and a current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record will be required. This position requires physical activity, endurance, and agility to perform the required duties in a safe and productive manner and must obtain a current CPR, AED and First Aid Certificate upon hire. Successful candidate must be able to interact with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AN EQUAL