Public Safety Dispatcher (Part-Time)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHER (PART-TIME)
POSITION CODE: S6923
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/20 hours (4 days varied/week, from 2am-7am)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00 - $16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: October 4, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to October 18, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Receives, assimilates and dispenses calls received for service from various locations on campus to on–duty Public Safety Officers.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answers departmental telephones assisting public, and dispatching gathered information from calls (via microphone) to Public Safety Officers and to the Redlands Police Department, when needed.
- Enters officer’s logs, parking permits and citations, and field interview card information into computer along with entering and posting of campus events schedule.
- Locates and relays information requested by officers; contacts emergency personnel when needed.
- Completes work orders as requested; receives and assimilates calls for repairs along with contacting the alarm company regarding alarm activation.
- Issues keys and parking permits after regular business hours.
- Adheres to all safety and/or housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to Team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires high school diploma or equivalent supplemented with one (1) year of course work in public relations, dispatching, and one (1) to three (3) years related experience in a similar position, or equivalent combination. Successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate via microphone phone patch with clear speech; be able to remain calm during stressful situations obtaining necessary information quickly. Work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, and students; consistently exercise good judgment and have excellent communication skills with the public and fellow employees; competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER