ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
POSITION CODE: A6746
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: April 4, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Instructional Technology Services Manager, the Instructional Designer will be responsible for providing assistance to faculty in the development of instructional materials necessary to support online learning, project-based learning, and “flipped classroom” projects/assignments. This person will work collaboratively with faculty/subject matter experts to assist them in the development of various multimedia elements, including audio, video, and graphic/animated components in support of implementing online learning, project-based learning, and flipped classroom projects/assignments.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Supports the daily operations of the Center for Digital Learning through instructional technologies such as Learning Management Systems (Moodle), lecture capture, video conferencing, and multimedia development.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to develop multimedia elements (including audio, video, and graphic/animated components) to support online learning development efforts.
- Assists in the set-up and delivery of training related to technology necessary to support online and/or hybrid learning, project-based learning, and flipped classroom assignments.
- Manages software and hardware available for check-out to faculty which includes providing all necessary training and support.
- Assists in the development and implementation of online learning and other related initiatives.
- Works with the online learning committee and other staff/faculty members in the development of a long-term strategic plan for online learning and other initiatives.
- Manages participant registration and enrollment as it pertains to the training efforts of the center, as well as center’s usage data.
- Remains up-to-date on developments in the online learning and related technology fields.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, Online/Distance Education, Instructional/Information Technology, or a related field. Plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in developing, managing, and/or delivering online/hybrid courses and various media in support of education and/or professional development efforts; design and delivery of face-to-face workshops for faculty. Familiarity with the usage of Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs, such as EdEx, Coursera, Udacity, etc.). Experience in developing various media (audio, video, animations, graphics etc.) in support of online learning. The candidate must be proficient in the pedagogy of online/hybrid teaching and learning. Candidate must be efficient working on multiple instructional design and related projects concurrently. The successful candidate must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent time management skills. The candidate must have experience with: learning management systems (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard, etc.; however, Moodle experience is preferred); instructional technologies (e.g. Camtasia, Captivate, Audacity, etc.); social media and web 2.0 applications such as blogs and wikis; graphic production technologies (e.g. Photoshop); animation development technologies (e.g. Flash); and general productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite). Preferred candidates will possess: experience in teaching in the online or hybrid environment; experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc); experience as an instructional design team leader, in development of online/hybrid course content; experience in hosting and teaching in a webinar format using a tool such as Gotomeeting or Adobe Connect; experience of assessment at the curriculum and course level in the online environment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER