Administrative Assistant III
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE NON-EXEMPT POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III
POSITION CODE: A6742
DEPARTMENT: Communicative Disorders
APPOINTMENT: Administrative non-exempt, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: $18.27 - $20.56
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: September 13, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision, provides comprehensive administrative, clerical, and logistics support within a highly complex and diverse department. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance within University policies and applicable laws including interviewing and training of staff employees; planning and assigning work; performance appraisal; and addressing complaints and resolving problems. May coordinate activities, recommend discipline, hire, train and complete performance evaluation of student workers.
- Supports graduate student recruitment including: intake of all recruitment inquiries; correspondence; data entry and retrieval; scheduling student visits.
- Coordinates CDIS graduate admissions including: receiving and processing all graduate application materials and fees; performs data entry and retrieval of applications and admission information.
- Coordinates graduate student orientations; student informational meetings for student teaching, comprehensive examinations, commencement and certification, licensure and credential applications.
- Acts as a liaison to campus support services, such as registrar, financial aid, student services, and student accounts and assists students with any necessary transactions with those offices.
- Performs specialized functions relevant to department with considerable signature/approval authority which requires certification or other external designation of expertise.
- Provides support in faculty search processes; prepares and maintains associated paperwork; arranges meetings and travel logistics for faculty; advises faculty of University policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to department chair and faculty including typing, duplicating and distribution of correspondence, syllabi, manuscripts, exams and other documents.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests; orders and maintains stock of office supplies; tracks department budgets.
- Maintains department confidentiality; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience in a position with an increasing progression of responsibilities with at least one (1) year in a supervisory capacity. Successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of secretarial procedures; word processing, spreadsheet, database software programs and publication software; basic knowledge of recordkeeping, budget paperwork and monitoring; excellent communication and organizational skills; ability to cooperatively work with on and off campus contacts; interpret regulations; focus on multiple tasks, with tight deadlines while exercising initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER