Campus Events Specialist
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Campus Events Specialist
POSITION CODE: S6913
DEPARTMENT: Campus Events
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Months/40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.20 - $18.23 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: September 13, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 20, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under minimal supervision, the Campus Events Specialist manages the Campus Events Office in support of University community, events, and activities.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight of the Hunsaker University Center for the University and the general public by operating and maintaining a customer service window for general information, cash sales, and event information.
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures to ensure proper cash management, cash controls, inventory controls, and daily balancing process.
- Reviews, maintains, and ensures proper accounting procedures are followed; accounts receivable and payable; contracts or other supporting documents; certificate of insurance compliance according to policy and procedure.
- Insures deposits are prepared in a timely manner and submitted to the University’s main cashier for daily processing.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the campus and community activities to provide accurate information to a high volume of daily inquiries both on and off campus.
- Develops auditing procedures to ensure proper cash management and control.
- Manages, tracks, and reconciles all cash drawer receipts and revenues, daily creates and processes reports;
- Manages ticket sales averaging $5,000.00 a month and has direct contact with off campus ticket agents and campus departments in coordination and consignment of ticket sales and accounts.
- Performs various clerical duties including phones, filing, mail, check requests, correspondence, and office supplies.
- Assists with the Campus Events budgetary process.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one (1) year of additional coursework in related field such as accounting along with one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidate will have knowledge of business/accounting procedures; cash management and control procedures; demonstrated knowledge of software programs including Word and Excel; must possess excellent customer service and phone skills; strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong personnel management skills; ability to work independently, using good judgment with little or no supervision; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Upon an offer of employment candidate may be required to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and/or insurability requirements. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER