Campus Office Coordinator II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Campus Office Coordinator II
POSITION CODE: S6919
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Months/ 40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.20-$18.23 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: September 11, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 18, 2013
DESCRIPTION: The Campus Office Coordinator II provides application production services and support to the Office of Enrollment Management and provides operational support and training to regional Office Coordinators and Administrative Assistants.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative and organizational support to the director, including maintaining the director’s calendar, confirming appointments, supporting initiatives and projects undertaken by the Office of Enrollment & Operations and Enrollment Management, including functional analysis and engagements with outside consultants.
- Provides data management support including compiling enrollment statistics, pulling data files from admin system, building spreadsheets, maintaining tracking and coding systems.
- Manages and oversees the graduate and undergraduate application process; oversees the processing of all applications including preparation of files, adherence to application requirements and provides exceptional service to applicants and internal campus staff.
- Interacts with faculty, Dean’s Office and Registrar’s Office, as needed in relation to resolution of graduate and undergraduate files; ensures adherence to policies of the Registrar’s Office in regard to verifying complete application files; assists Dean’s/Registrar’s Office in trouble shooting “problem” files.
- Provides data entry, inquiry and applicant process training, as well as quality control oversight of and management assistance to campus office coordinators and administrative assistants.
- Supervises Enrollment & Operations support and student staff.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of events.
- Maintains department confidentiality; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs others duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs or related field. Plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidate must be able to act independently to anticipate and meet customer needs; understand and perform basic technical troubleshooting and work under telephone direction to perform more complex technical troubleshooting or repair; work in a team environment and ability to take direction from multiple employees. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures; Word and Excel, file transfers, mail merges, spreadsheet and database software programs, on-line services; excellent communication and organizational skills is required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER