Student Services Manager
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Student Services Manager
POSITION CODE: A6743
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months (Some evening and weekend hours required)
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: August 30, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Dean of the School of Education and working with program faculty, this academic administrator provides a range of services supporting students, alumni, and friends of the School of Education and University, frequently and regularly interacts with students, alumni, and community groups.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides quality interaction with School of Education students both on the main campus and at the satellite campuses to support student satisfaction; evaluates and resolves internal and external student/customer inquiries, issues, and ensures appropriate action is taken.
- Proactively liaises with program chairs and faculty related to: accurate knowledge of course content, different program requirements, degree sign-offs, schedules of instruction and other academic areas.
- Assists adult students in course selections, transfer procedures and schedules; monitors students to ensure adequate progress toward degree; develops and communicates information regarding opportunities for electives, study abroad, internships; assists students with disabilities in navigating the disability services process.
- Assists in the delivery of student programs geared to adult students; develops and implements re-entry initiatives designed to help meet enrollment and retention goals; assists in the development of procedures for and participation in retention initiatives such as auditing re-entry and at-risk students, monitoring attendance and follows-up, and conducting and documenting exit interviews with students dropping out/stopping out.
- Collaborates with enrollment group leadership concerning possible problems or areas of improvement; compiles and analyzes weekly activity reports, creates spreadsheets, tables, reports, and databases to store and extract information as needed.
- Aids students seeking accommodations for disabled services and learning disabilities in partnership with the University Student Services Department and under compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Maintains institutional confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred plus three (3) to five (5) years related experience in higher education, or equivalent combination; background in academic advising, student services, career services, and/or alumni relations desirable. Successful candidate must be highly proficient in administrative reports, analyst and manipulating data, able to demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work efficiently and successfully with minimum supervision; prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines; be creative and flexible. Valid driver’s license required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout showing a good driving record will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: University of Redlands, Human Resources, PO Box 3080, Redlands, CA 92373.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT (909) 748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER