Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II
POSITION CODE: S6916
DEPARTMENT: Student Accounts
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: August 30, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to: September 13, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision, provides comprehensive administrative support; reviews student account activity to verify accuracy of billing data and resolve discrepancies; and assists in the efficient operation in the Department of Student Accounts.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides a professional first point of contact for walk-in and telephone traffic, providing information and assistance to visitors, administration, faculty, students, and parents.
- Responds to student account billing questions in person, by phone and by email for the College of Arts and Sciences, Schools of Business and Education, and School of Continuing Studies students.
- Prints and reviews billing statements for accuracy of tuition, room and board, fees, and Financial Aid postings.
- Reviews course registrations in Datatel and compares student account activity to ensure courses have been correctly charged or credited.
- Assists Student Account Coordinators with the processing of Refund Check Requests for credit balances.
- Assists with audits of the tuition payment plan budgets for the College of Arts and Science students.
- Monitors, reviews and updates change of addresses from Collection Agency reports and from returned mail.
- Maintains department calendar/schedule; coordinates and arranges appointments and meetings; monitors and maintains the department email account.
- Oversees activities, reviews and assigns work of student workers; including training and monitors their performance.
- Coordinates department activities; orders department supplies and maintains and tracks the office supplies budget.
- Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in accounting, business, computer software, and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Position requires good analytical skills with the ability to understand charges and credits on a billing statement; research billing discrepancies, and to look up data in a student database. Successful candidate must possess proficiency with numbers; computer literacy working with a large database; excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment; ability to prioritize work assignments while working in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks; thorough knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation; work cooperatively with parents, students, co-workers, and supervisors. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER