Executive Assistant to Vice President for Finance & Administration
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance & Administration
POSITION CODE: A6741
DEPARTMENT: Office of Finance & Administration
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: August 30, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Vice President for Finance & Administration, the Executive Assistant functions as the key administrative support person in the management, coordination, and implementation of the operations of the Office of Finance & Administration; responsible for interacting on behalf of the Vice President with all elements of the University and to foster productive relationships among key constituencies.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Organizes, manages, and executes initial and follow-up communications, travel, facilities set-up, programs, and program participants.
- Coordinates meetings and correspondence with the various committees of the Board of Trustees.
- Oversees the management of the Vice President’s calendar and relieves him of managerial detail including, but not limited to, scheduling and rescheduling and prioritizing as needed.
- Records minutes; maintain records of actions coming from designated meetings with the Vice President.
- Manages the operational budget for the Office of Finance & Administration and other key financial indicators.
- Processes and tracks selected key vendor contracts and invoices.
- Interprets and applies University policies as they pertain to the operations of the University and the Office of Finance & Administration.
- Provides supervision, training, instruction; coordinate and prioritize workload; manage conflict and take corrective action when necessary; recommend discipline and make hiring decisions for the Office of Finance & Administration support staff.
- Maintains confidential records and files pertaining to meetings of the Vice President.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent plus two (2) to three (3) additional years of coursework in a related field of business or general office. Five (5) to eight (8) years of progressively responsible related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof (post high school education). Bachelor's degree preferred. Successful candidates will have experience working for a high producer in professional and civic affairs; making independent judgments; ability to coordinate office detail in conjunction with policy; proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive materials and situations; ability to master a wide range of relationships, tasks, and perspectives required; be competent in a variety of Windows-based computer programs and other technology-related tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Candidates must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; demonstrate strong problem-solving skills. A valid Driver's license and a current DMV printout with a good driving record required upon date of hire. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER