Office Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Office Assistant II
POSITION CODE: S6915
DEPARTMENT: Admissions, College of Arts and Sciences
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 month/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $11.88 - $13.37
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: August 23, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 30, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, supports all Willis Center Information Desk activities including answering telephones, greeting campus visitors, opening and distributing mail, preparing outgoing correspondence, performing data entry and other related activities which support the College of Arts and Sciences Admissions Office.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets campus visitors and directs them to appropriate office or department.
- Answers multi-line telephones and forwards call appropriately. Maintains professional and welcoming environment including managing hospitality amenities (i.e. coffee bar, water, etc.).
- Maintains and updates office appointment books and on-line calendars appropriately.
- Utilizes university’s integrated computer system to look up, retrieve and disseminate information to prospective students, parents and university employees appropriately.
- Inputs and processes visit information, personal interview sheets using DATATEL Colleague and WebIntelligence.
- Provides direction to student workers assigned to the Willis Center Information Desk; including assisting in hiring, scheduling, training, and daily oversight.
- Supports office data entry activities; including the timely and accurate data entry of prospective student information for the College of Arts and Sciences academic programs.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed. Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent plus one (1) additional year of coursework in general office or computer software. One (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position. Customer service experience required. Basic knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques; record keeping requirements; and departmental operations and practices. Considerable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs and database software. Requires strong organizational skills; effective communication, both verbal and written; the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors and on and off campus contacts; interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations and procedures; sort and file documents; draft, compose, type and proofread various correspondence, reports, records and files; order supplies, make travel arrangements; and operate ten-key calculator, computer terminal, facsimile, copier and postage machine if needed. Ability to focus on multiple tasks, with tight deadlines; use good judgment in organizing and completing assignments independently. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and work cooperatively with on and off campus contacts. Must competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, administrators and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 or www.redlands.edu/jobs.asp
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER