Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II
POSITION CODE: S6911
DEPARTMENT: Registrar’s Office
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00 -$16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: August 16, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 23, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides administrative support to the Office of the Registrar. Serves as confidential assistant to the Registrar and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department including answering phones, opening and distributing mail for the Registrar.
- Coordinates arrangements for Academic Review Board meetings; calendars meeting times and locations; prepares room requisition, prepares meeting materials and agenda as required; makes travel arrangements for administrators and faculty.
- Prepares, types, duplicates and distributes correspondence in support of the Registrar and the ARB; researches and certifies all documents for Subpoenas; reports reflecting Academic Review Board activity for distribution to Deans; certifies all Athletic Eligibility for the University of Redlands.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests, budget transfers, petty cash and travel reimbursements; orders and maintains stock of office supplies and coordinates yearly stationery order; manages budget and tracks expenses for the Office of the Registrar.
- Coordinates maintenance and/or repair of office systems and equipment with other University departments or outside vendors.
- Coordinates activities, instructs, reviews and assigns work and trains student workers, recommends discipline and completes performance evaluations.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related duties as needed; performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field such as business, secretarial, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER