Administrative Assistant III
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE NON-EXEMPT POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III
POSITION CODE: A6739
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
APPOINTMENT: Administrative non-exempt, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $18.27 - $20.56
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One year
POSTING DATE: August 9, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision, provides comprehensive administrative, clerical, and logistics support within a highly complex and diverse department. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support person in coordinating and implementing the department’s day-to-day office operations. Position is the “face” of human resources in delivering high quality customer service to all visitors, students, employees, applicants and alum in-person and over the telephone.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance within University policies and applicable laws; plans, assigns and oversees work and workflows of department clerical staff and student workers; trains, coordinates activities, recommends discipline, hires, trains and completes performance evaluations; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Perform specialized functions relevant to legal requirements, policy interpretation, subpoenas, audits, record keeping and retention schedules, personnel files, and data administration for the department, in areas such as; employment, employee relations, benefits, and payroll; provides information to employees of the University on policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Director, Associate Director and Managers including typing, duplicating and distributing correspondence, and other documents in support of the department, including: intake of all inquiries; correspondence; data entry and retrieval; and assists with any necessary transactions with other offices; coordinates scheduling, travel and logistics for a variety of activities; arranges and supports meetings, catering, and events.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests; orders and maintains stock of office supplies; and tracks department budget; performs specialized functions relevant to department with signature/approval authority which may require certification or other external designation of expertise; coordinates maintenance and/or repair of office systems, scanning equipment and other office equipment with other departments or outside vendors.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department including: filing, opening and distributing mail; providing assistance and information in-person, electronically or over the telephone to visitors, students, employees, applicants, and alum.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed; contributes to Team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience in a position with an increasing progression of responsibilities with at least one (1) year in a supervisory capacity. Previous experience in a human resources environment is highly desired. Successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of secretarial procedures; word processing, spreadsheet, database software programs such as Colleague and ADP, publication software, and a wide variety of applications such as MS Office software programs; basic knowledge of recordkeeping, budget paperwork and monitoring; excellent communication and organizational skills; ability to cooperatively work with on and off campus contacts; interpret regulations; focus on multiple tasks, with tight deadlines while exercising initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently. Position requires a high level of judgment, problem-solving and customer service skills. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 909-748-8040 if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed. EOE.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER