Administrative Assistant I
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant I
POSITION CODE: S6910
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 hours (Occasional evenings/weekends required)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.84-$14.45 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: August 2, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 9, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision the Administrative Assistant I will provide administrative and clerical support for the Major Gifts team (MG team). This includes, but not limited to fundraising efforts, donor relations, stewardship, research, special events, and campaign planning/implementation.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including data entry, filing, copying, correspondence, maintaining records processing mail, ordering/maintain supplies, sorts and distributes mail, prepares and sends various mailings and may run miscellaneous errands.
- Provides assistance in-person or over the telephone to alumni, administration, staff, trustees, vendors, parents, and general public.
- Coordinates and arranges appointments, meetings, conferences, and travel; coordinates use of facilities as needed and other department events confirming details and arrangements for on and off campus sites.
- Prepares and distributes reports to the department and division; briefings for the President’s Office; and enters data on one or more databases.
- Coordinates activities, assigns and reviews work for student workers.
- Arranges maintenance and/or repair of office systems and equipment with other University departments or outside vendors; oversees and maintains the orderliness of the department.
- Maintains departmental confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of additional coursework in a related field such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills, strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written); have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, word processing, spreadsheets and database software programs. Basic research skills and knowledge of recordkeeping. A copy of a valid Class C driver’s license with a current DMV printout with a good driving record will be required upon date of hire. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER